Aika’s Australian Certified Organic (ACO) certification logo.

 

These days the word ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ is used liberally and with abandon. The sad fact is there is a lack of regulation within the Australian skincare and beauty industry. This means that manufacturers and skincare brands can state that their products are ‘natural’ and ‘organic’ or ‘made with organics’ without regulation or objective third party verification. Just because a manufacturer uses the word ‘organic’ does not guarantee to you that their product is actually organic.

A product that is ‘Certified Organic’ however, must comply with stringent regulation and guidelines by an external body – the organic certifier. So when you choose a Certified Organic product that carries a certification logo you are protected by consumer laws.

It is very important to always look for the genuine Certified Organic LOGO by a recognised and reputable certifier with standards that have strict criteria. As certification varies worldwide, it is important to check what the criteria are for each certifier.

Australia has one of the highest standards in the world. To be Certified Organic under Australian regulations means that the organic content of each product must be 95% or more from certified organic origin and the rest of the 5%, excluding water and non-agricultural ingredients such as minerals and salts, from natural sources.

Aika has achieved Organic Processor status with Australia’s leading certifier – Australian Certified Organic (ACO). This means our manufacturing facility ‘The Lighthouse’ and our ENTIRE range of products meets the strict standards of certification in Australia, one of the highest worldwide.

We don’t believe in misleading you or just paying lip service to the words natural and organic for commercial benefit and label claims. We put significant time, effort and resources to obtain and maintain being truly Certified Organic so you have absolute assurance of Aika’s purity and quality.

 

 

Next week on the blog – What are the benefits of choosing Certified Organic Skincare.